Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Flesh and My Heart Faileth?




I was reading some scripture today, and my heart was so thankful God is so gracious to His Children:)


Psalm 73:26, 28

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.


But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Thy Works.



There was a time in my life, when the more I tried to draw close to God, the further He seemed away. I know now it was the enemy (Satan) who did not want me, to be close to God. What I did, is I found a scripture, that would help me rely on God's promises...in His word.

I started memorizing scripture, the first I found to apply to my everyday life, was Joshua 24:15. At the beginning I only memorized a portion of this scripture and that was "choose you this day whom ye will serve;" When ever I faced a decision in my day, on what to do, I would quote this portion of scripture in my mind, then think about, will this decision reflect God, will this choice be good for me?

Here I will show you the whole scripture: "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

There is so much more in the following scriptures, so many stories to read in the Bible.

Back to the topic at hand...here are the next few verses, I memorized to help me draw close to God:)

James 5:8 "Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. vs9: "Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness." vs10: "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him."

Psalm 18: 6 "In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of His temple and my cry came before Him, even into His ears."

Psalm 121: 1-2 "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help." vs 2: "My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."

As I was searching through-out my Bible, my heart was so touched, by His words:) I felt like I was reading a love story...and I was. The Bible is a love story, it tells of His Love for you and I, and He warns us of things to come. He prepares our hearts, and shows us His ways. He loves us so, it hurts and grieves His heart, when we go about our own ways, which are harmful not only to us physically but spiritually.

May God Bless you as you read His Words:) Anytime spent in reading His word, is time stored up in Heaven for you:) Your time with Him, is all He wants! So amazing, He wants a relationship with us? I hope and pray your day is blessed and your heart is touched by God Himself:)


(picture provided by: flickr.com Fe 108aums)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would like to hear your thoughts and feed back?